Lead Time & Shipping Information
Current lead time for fulfillment is less than one week and often 1 to 3 days.
Inventory on machined parts is good and hand finishing is keeping up with the pace of new orders.
Due to the number of possible combinations (4 handle lengths, 15 base plates, and multiple materials), each razor is assembled from the individual parts when the order is fulfilled. If a specific part becomes depleted, we are probably making more, but it means that certain orders may become delayed.
We try to fulfill orders in a sequential order, but since we make the parts in batches, newer orders may sometimes be fulfilled before older orders.
Orders without razors can be fulfilled quickly because they come straight out of finished inventory.
Due to the ongoing developments in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the resources available to ship packages is constantly changing.
We are using DHL Express for all international destinations. For Zone 1 and Zone 3, we are able to offer Canada Post tracked services.
We will not ship with untracked methods because they have proven inconsistent. In many cases, the packages take a long time to arrive, never arrive, or are returned to us.
Disrupted locations are countries that either do not have a tracked service available or we have not shipped to yet. If your country is not on the list, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Russia is the most notable disrupted location because we have no tracked services available and DHL is not permitted to deliver packages. We have no way to ship packages to Russia, so regrettably, we are not able to accept orders to Russia.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
SHIPPING TO CANADA
All packages will be shipped with Canada Post Expedited Parcel. Delivery time, after fulfillment, is usually about 1 week. This service is tracked.
SHIPPING TO USA
All packages will be shipped with DHL Express. Delivery time, after fulfillment, is usually about 1 to 2 days. This service is tracked.
SHIPPING TO APO/FPO/DPO
All packages will be shipped with Canada Post Tracked Packet USA, which is then handed off to USPS, who then hands it off to the military mail system. For security reasons, tracking information ceases once USPS hands the package over to the military mail system.
Although our site will allow you to select DHL to these destinations, we will alter shipping to Canada Post Small Packet Tracked Air internally.
SHIPPING INTERNATIONAL - Zone 1 / 3
All packages will be shipped with either DHL Express Worldwide. Delivery time is usually about 2 to 3 days, barring delays. This service is tracked.
Alternatively, packages may be shipped with Canada Post Tracked Packet International. Delivery is usually about 1.5 to 2 weeks. This service is tracked.
Canada Post Tracked Packet International may be preferential over DHL Express Worldwide because you may incur lower customs and duty fees when the package enters your country. This is because domestic postal services tend to charge a lower brokerage fee than DHL.
SHIPPING INTERNATIONAL - Zone 2 / 4 / 5
All packages will be shipped with either DHL Express Worldwide. Delivery time is usually about 2 to 5 days, barring delays. This service is tracked.
DUTY & VAT / CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS
Be advised, your country's customs office will likely charge duty, tax, VAT, and/or brokerage when your order enters your country. These fees are your responsibility. In some countries, the fees can be quite high, especially if your country's De Minimis Value is low.
It is unlawful to falsify customs declarations so all customs declarations shall declare full and actual values.
We will not declare a lower value or declare items as a gift or sample.
Please do your research before you buy.
Check here if you want calculate an estimate of your duty and taxes.
The following are some of the HS tariff codes you'll need for the calculator:
- Razor and parts - 8212.10.0000
- Soap - 3401.11.0000
- Brushes - 9603.29.0000
- Dopp kits and razor armor - 4202.22.0000
- Shaving bowls (ceramic) - 6912.00.0000
- Shaving bowls (metal) - 7323.93.0000
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
There are many, many nuances and exceptions to shipping to all of the various countries in the world, however, here are a few that are worth noting:
- Spain requires the that importer carries a sanitary import license for all cosmetics entering the country...which includes shave soap. All orders to Spain containing soap will have the soap refunded.
- Chinese customs generally permits only one single item per package. If the package contains two or more items, the total must be less than CNY1,000. The shipment may be split into multiple shipments if desired and the customer shall bear the additional shipping expenses.
- Brazil requires the customer's CPF/CNPJ number for any parcel entering the country.
In all case, we will work with the customer and will reach out if any of the above circumstances apply.
OUR RETURNS POLICY
We have a very strict quality control process which tends to prevent non-conformance parts getting to our customers but in the case this happens here are the conditions for a refund:
- Item must be in ‘like new’ condition. In the case that manufacturer defects arise after use, we will accept the parts as a return and scrap them so they’re not available for resale. In this instance, the customer would be given a replacement or a refund.
- If the customer receives the item with defects straight from Karve Shaving Co. we will replace those items without question, free of charge.
- In the case of any return – Items must arrive back to us within 30 days from Canada, 60 days from the USA and 90 Days from the Rest of the World. If the item is received after the listed timeframe, the item will be shipped back to the customer and no refund will be issued.
- Customers are responsible for the insured return shipping. If the item is lost in transit, we will not accept responsibility for the lost item.